Pin Measures 1"x .5"
4 out of 5 of our Native women are affected by violence today.
The U.S Department of Justice found that Native American women face murder rates that are more than 10 times the national average.
Homicide is the 3rd leading cause of death among 10-24 years of age and the fifth leading cause of death for Native American, Metis, Inuit and Alaska Native women between 25 and 34 years of age.
On-going struggles that continue the pattern of structural violence:
- Jurisdictional – Federal, State, County, Tribal, Private
- Lack of – Emergency Services, Amber Alert, Counseling, Family Services
- Relationships between governing entities
- FBI and Tribal Communication
- State and Tribal Communication
- Overall Community Awareness
- Chapters, Pueblos, Apache Communities